Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Inked


So, we decided to have a little bit of fun with my baldness. I mean how many times does a girl get to be bald in her lifetime? I lost the majority of my hair, but still had some weird fuzzies that needed be shaved off. It was starting to look really weird. Thank goodness for Fran and her willingness to help. She shaved my head down to the skin. It took about 20 minutes and was totally gross. She also assisted in the picking out of my tattoo. There really isn't a ton of options when it comes to temporary stick on tattoos, at least not on the 50 cent rack at party city, so we went with something completely hokey. A dolphin with a tribal design in the back. Really? Who would actually want that? It does make me look hardcore tho, don't you think? :) We got a couple of other fun tattoo designs too, so you may be seeing more in the future. Ttyl

4 comments:

pmoore66 said...

McKenna - i just made time to catch up on the last few posts. Well done. You are becoming more introspective and have made plans for after chemo which is very telling. After you reach the halfway point, you are now allowed to reference the number of treatments left I've been told. I have a couple of decades on you but this life experience WILL bring you wisdom. Don't fret about the lost "free" time your peers enjoy. Getting through this trial will provide you with more confidence than you can imagine. Stay tough.

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness kenna!!!! You are freaking awesome!!!! I love the tattoo!!!! you are way hardcore! we should get together and do lunch sometime.

-Jessica

Wendi said...

I know that you have no clue who I am, but I am Wendi Sunderhaus and I know you, I'm Jacque's mom. I love your blog, I love your attitude, and you are an inspiration for anyone on earth who is going through tough times, which happens to be all of us. I say if you can do I can too. Mine does not seem as tough as yours, so I will count my blessings and send my prayers your way. You go girl, good job. Enjoy the Journey! That's my new way of thinking, it's working so far. You are wonderful.

Jerry Hansen said...

You are awesome. You amaze me constantly. I am glad the tattoo was not permanent. ;) Seems funny that you cite the family as helping you when we all know that you are inspiring us.