Saturday, April 18, 2009

Name Change

So you may be wondering why, after all this time, I decided to change my blog's name (or you could careless, but either way I feel the need to explain myself). Well, one reason, if you haven't noticed already with the frequent background changes, is that I can get bored of things pretty fast. I like things to be new and different... well at least certain things and so it was time for a change, but perhaps more importantly then that is I just think this one fits better. Kenna vs. The Blob was something my mom had jokingly suggested when I first began thinking about starting this up, as the weeks go by and I get closer to the end of this process however I am finding that that name is pretty representative of what is I am doing. All of this started with a small bouncy ball sized lump on my neck that ignored for way too long and once I finally did get smart and decided to consult a doctor about my blob it had already turned into a fight. My blob wanted to destroy me. Now, as cheesy as it sounds, day after day, week after week, I have to battle it to save my life and the further I am into this war the harder it gets. I find myself having to dig a little deeper to find what I need to keeping moving forward, because it isn't just the physical pain that wears on you, it is the emotional roller coaster it sends you on as well. In a way though I feel sorry for it. That poor little blob, it didn't know who it was picking on! I am one stubborn girl and I refuse to let it win, AND if that wasn't enough I know I have a whole army of family and friends who are there to back me up, so BRING IT!
Ha ha. Sometimes I really love corny stuff! Which reminds me.......

What do you call a two wheel vehicle that your father rides?
A popcycle!
Why does a chicken coupe only have two doors?
Because if it had four doors it would be a chicken sudan
If there are 60 seconds in a minute, and 60 minutes in an hour, how many seconds are there in a year?
Twelve. January 2nd, February 2nd, March 2nd, April 2nd. . .
What do you call a dog that has no legs?
You don't call it anything, 'cause he couldn't come even if you did call him
What did the right shoe say to the left shoe?
I think we must be sole mates.
Why is the math book always crying?
Because it has so many problems
How do you get a tissue to dance?
You put a little boogie in it
What does a house wear?
A dress

...... OK, I think I am done now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I love you even more.

What is the difference between a smart blonde and a UFO?
There have been sightings of UFOs.

pmoore66 said...

I just caught up with your posts. I like the name change. Getting close to the end is wonderful for keeping your spirits high. I'll keep watching the posts to see how your rad treatments go. Courageous and impressive work so far!

Anonymous said...

So cute, I loved the jokes. You are such a fun character. I know that you are close to the end of chemo and that is a relief but the cumulative effects of the chemo can definately get you down. Hang in there SUnshine, you will be done before you know it. We have to chat one day. Take care of yourself, my thoughts are with you always.
Love Barbara xoxox