Wednesday, April 29, 2009

!!!!!!!!!!!! Uno Mas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha ha, my roommate always jokes that every time I put more and more exclamation points in my titles, but it is only because I am more excited. Its now down ONE chemo. Can you believe it? I certainly can't. Sometimes it felt as though this day would never come and yesterday, just for one second, it really seemed as if it wouldn't. I met with my oncologist, Dr. Bhalla, and as he was looking over my paper work and talking to me he was acting as if I still had several chemo treatments left to do. I was completely panicking in my mind thinking that there was no way I could possibly do this any longer, six months was more then enough, and then finally, after what felt like an eternity, he said "Oh yeah I see that we had you down for six cycles and this is the first round of the sixth cycle so your next chemo should be your last one," .... whew, I was so relieved. Then, my dad jokingly replied "its a good thing you said that or she might have jumped you." The sad part is, that is probably true. I mean I know my doc is only looking out for me and wants me to get all of the treatments that I need to get better, but if I had my way I would never set foot in a cancer center ever again for the rest of my life, although I know that really isn't possible. I admire the people who are able to go back in to those places and talk to the new patients about hope and survival. Maybe one day I will be strong enough to do that myself, there have been so many people who have helped me and being able to that for someone else would be amazing.
Anyway, as usual things went off with out a hitch yesterday and I have nothing but the my normal side effects of tiredness, soreness, nausea, and that funky taste in my mouth. EWW. I just keep telling myself I only have to hang in there for one more round. On May 12th I am DONE. Two weeks and counting.

1 comment:

Kathy P said...

YAY!!!! There is a light at the end of the tunnel!!! Good for you Kenna!