Monday, June 1, 2009

Cause For Celebration

Well, it seems as though things have turned almost completely around for the Hansen clan. Just within in the last few weeks we have had some many things to celebrate. I finished up my chemo, Ethan graduated high school, Jerah found out she was pregnant with twin boys, and my parents reached their 25th wedding anniversary! Things are really looking up. Everyone is doing awesome, including Tanner (my brother on a mission) whom we received a phone call from on Mother's Day. In celebration of all that happy news, our family decided to take a trip to Disneyland (as it is one of our favorite places on the planet) and we had a blast. It was so much fun just sit back and have a good time and not worry about all of the troubles we have had over the past few months and as usual we came home from the trip with tons of stories and memories that will be a source of laughter for years to come. I also threw a little party, with the help of friends, to celebrate me being done with chemo. I had an awesome time there too and am really appreciate all the people who help put it together and came to show thier support. It means a lot to me. Thank you so much!!
In other news, the day after we returned home from California I went and got my port removed. It was probably one of the most exciting things that has happened to me in awhile. It just made me being done with chemo so much more offical. Plus, the port was kind of gross looking so I was happy to see it go. I have never felt better then I do now and I feel as though I am getting to return to my normal self. I have a couple of weeks until I start radiation so I am enjoying my time away from the medical offices, but I am also really anxious to get this radiation stuff going. I just want to get it over with and find it frustrating that I have to wait to get started. I would be lieing if I said I am not nervous about it however. I have never done radiation before, obivously, and don't really know anyone who has, so I am not quite sure what to expect and I don't like knowing how I will personally respond to the treatments. I have a "planning session" on Wed. with my radoligist though so I should have a schedule for all of my treatments soon and I know that will make me feel a little bit better. I will let you know how that all goes.
I think that is all I have for now....
I have included some pics below.
Ttyl,
Kenna




1 comment:

A Bunch of Paynes said...

Wow! Things are looking up for all of you! I'm SO happy for all of you, and that you got to go to Disneyland to celebrate! Yay for No More Chemo! And Jerah, TWINS!?! That's amazing and frightening and completely exciting! Tell her congrats for me!