Its a strange sensation getting radiation done. It kind of reminds of using Icy Hot. It is itchy, and burning, and cold all at the same time. I haven't suffered from any of the side effects of radiation thus far but the therapists just reminded me today that I probably won't be bothered by anything until about two weeks in. I am crossing my fingers that whatever does come is easy to handle. From what I understand the worse things that can happen are my throat swelling up and my skin feeling as though it was sunburned. That's not too bad. Funny enough, however there is one thing that happens every time I am in there that nobody cared to warn me about. The mask, because it is so tight on me, leaves these little imprints on my forehead. I walked out of the cancer center after my first treatment having no idea that I looked like a character from Star Trek. It wasn't until I got in my car and caught a glimpse of my forehead in my review mirror that I noticed. Man, I must of looked like a complete dork standing there talking to everyone. Oh well, there really isn't anything I can do about the imprints. I got some pictures of the imprints and posted them below. Seriously, I look like an alien. I have no eyebrows and these tiny little bumps in strange groupings covering my face, but do take noticed that my hair is coming in rather well. Woo hoo. I am excited to have it back. Just a few more weeks and I should be able to style it somehow. Hopefully by then my eyebrows will be back too.
I have an appointment with my oncologist on July 9th to see how I am doing post chemo. It should be interesting to see what he has to say. I will also try and keep you posted on my radiation treatments, although I doubt there will be anything too exciting happening there.
Anyways, that is all I have for now. Ttyl.
Kenna :)
1 comment:
You so could be in a movie! :)
You have such a great attitude! Maybe soon, you will be able to sleep through the visits... that would be awesom - like a little nap.
Hang in there!
Post a Comment