After all the commotion of the hair cuts, my dad gave me a present. Several of my family members had pitched in to buy me a gorgeous pair of diamond earrings. They said they had the jeweler pick out the two diamonds with the most sparkle so that I would be reminded that I sparkle! It really meant a lot to me. I am so grateful for their love and support. It makes everything so much easier. We tried to put the earrings in, but they wouldn't go. It has been too long since I have worn earrings. I was totally disappointed, so today we went to the mall and got my ears pierced again. It will be six weeks before I can take out the studs they put in and wear my diamond earrings, but I am still excited. Thank you everyone! Love you!!
So, I don't think shaving heads was what my mother really want to do with our Christmas Eve. It is the last one for at least 2 years that will all be together because Tanner is leaving to go on his mission in February, but I think it was wonderful night and certainly one we will remember forever!
5 comments:
ken , im so glad that we all did it, you by far look the best, but i do like the stud comment, love ya
I still haven't lost any hair but we were planning to do the same thing if it starts to happen. Although I have been hard pressed to find any solidarity from my wife or the kids. They are willing to shave mine but draw the line quickly. Glad to hear that treatment two seemed to go off w/o a hitch. i spoke to a family friend who said she plateaued after the first treatment even though others report that energy waned after later treatments. I'm still trying to gather facts as anecdotal evidence is difficult to sort (how old? what energy level before chemo? etc.) I'll keep following your lead. pm.
I can't tell you how touched I was to see your brother's at church with shaved heads... They must love you so much!
Keep hanging in there.
Kenna,
You look beautiful. I know it sucks, but actually not as bad as you think once you get used to it. I vowed never to fret over a bad hair day ever again. I remember how many people would apologize to me after they realized that they had made a silly remark about their hair driving them crazy that day. Then they would realize I had none. It becomes very apparent how many people focus on things that are really not important. I bet your earrings are beautiful, I love the fact that your parents picked the ones with the most sparkle, just like you.
I wish you a sparkly New Year. I know that like a diamond you are strong and unbreakable. Through this journey you will you will also discover many new facets of yourself and those around you. What a perfect symbol for you.
I hold you in my heart and am sending you strengh, love and prayers.
Barbara
Happy New Year.......I hope that you felt good. Thinking of you Kenna.
Hang in there
Love Barbara
Post a Comment